by Bob Bearden
As the campaign moves from Iowa to New Hampshire one drops out and one ramps up the rhetoric and one gets an endorsement from McCain (which may be the kiss of death).
Romney waltzes into New England now back on his home turf with a huge poll lead over his rivals in New Hampshire. Rick Santorum the redneck darling scrambles to continue the momentum of an almost victory. Newt Gingrich the wounded ageing insider acts not like a candidate but a spoiler.
And so it goes in the gaggle of geese running not to improve our country or rebuild its infrastructure or put its people back to work, or improve the lot of the poor and disadvantaged or improve education, but to defeat Barack Obama.
They are now to a man (since the lone lady dropped out) not talking about the things they would do to promote the general welfare of our citizens, or to secure the blessings of liberty for ourselves our children and our grandchildren. No they are telling us why they don't like Barack Obama and blaming him for everything from Mom to apple pie.
They ignore the problems our nation is facing and they have no plans to change things for the better or make improvements that are needed in the world of high finance to rein in the greedy overlords of commerce. Or to stop the polluting of our rivers and streams and lakes. That is not something they care about. For them it is Drill Baby Drill, Pollute Baby Pollute. Let the devil take the high ground ending poverty and hunger isn't a consideration for them.
They constantly praise the lord and profess their faith in God but have no intention of doing anything about helping any of God's children. They to a man have a total lack of Christian charity. Helping those less fortunate isn't in their scheme of the natural order of things.
They love telling their personal stories of how their faith came to be, but no stories of how they will lend a helping hand or practice the teachings of the man they all profess to be followers of. Their message isn't the same as the one that Jewish Rabbi from Nazareth proclaimed. Their message resonates with a total lack of feeling or love of their fellow human beings.
No they genuflect to the Gods of the Marketplace whose stories and praise they love to tell. They have high praise for the money changers of the Temple of Wall Street. Taking care of those less fortunate, rebuilding the middle class and finding ways to help workers and their families just isn't part of who they are or what they are about. They cringe at the very mention of providing everyone in this country with a living wage.
Class warfare on the rich they cry, if someone evens mentions the disparity between the upper 1 percent and the rest of the 99 percent. Their aim is to make the rich grow richer and the poor can fend for themselves. It ain't the job of the government to help the masses improve their lot in life. Government work for them is cutting taxes on the wealthy and allowing corporations to do as they please without paying any taxes for the privilege.
This is a campaign for the hearts, minds and souls of our citizens. We have a group of men who want not to make things better for our nation and its citizens but to make things worse for everyone save an elite few who can throw unlimited monies into their campaign coffers. We are the 99 percent and if we are to stop them in their tracks and take our nation back we must let them hear our roar! Which is 'Hell No We Won't Give Our Country Over To The Newts, The Mitts, The Ron Pauls or A Redneck Rick!'. It Is Our Country And We Will Have It Back'!" ----- Bob Bearden